Windows Filespace Names

gzbwmr

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I've have an old Windows-2003 client (prod001) which is due to be replaced with a new one. This client has 3 Disc Partitions C,D,and E. (total cap. 1.8TB) with the corresponding filespace names \\prod001\c$; \\prod001\D$ and \\prod001\E$.

I intend using the same clientname (prod001) and same IP-Addresse for the new client when it's productive. I installed TSM on the new Client using the old name (Prod001) also in client option file. I stopped the TSM services on the old client, copied some data with robocopy to the new client and started TSM on the new client. The new client comes with the name Prod001 that's ok; but uses the intern domainname as prefix for the filespace names \\pord001-X\E$ ..\\prod001-x\E$. Also during the BA-Client configuration...Is there a way, a trick, a Tip to let TSM use a predefined filespace names??? Thanks in advance for all possible suggestions, advices and answers. ABO :confused:

Go with the new server file space names.

Rename your old filespaces to match the new ones so new backups will go to their respective file space. It will likely be a full backup because robocopy usually updates the access date of the files unless special flags are used with robocopy.

But you will still have 3 filespaces with the data from the old and new corresponding drives in the same filespace.

ex.

rename filespace nodename oldfsname newfsname

rename filespace nodename \\prod001\c$ \\prod001-x\c$

Back