Windows Does Not Recognize Ibm Lto3 3580

ewtalves

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to install a new Tape IBM 3580 in my server. I'm runing Windows 2003 in a HP ML110 G2, but I can't figure out how to get this working.

I've attached Tape SCSI interface at Adaptec 2120S. During boot process, SCSI Card recognize new tape device. After installed driver from IBM site just appear Tape Bus Enumerator, not Tape Unit.

I'm using CA Brighstor to manage, but, if Windows does not recognize, I can't use in Brightstor.

Best regards,

Ewt

Just so you know there is a forum called "CA ARCserve Backup" which would be a better place to post this.

BACKGROUND INFO: ARCserve does not use tape device drivers, instead it sends SCSI commands to the SCSI Mini port provided by the controller driver. So the tape device should be disabled from within the OS Device Manager.

As to the problem, it might be that the controller does not support tape. Not all SCSI controllers support tape, and this controller is made specifically for RAID so perhaps it is only designed to support disk. Also of those that do support both disk and tape only a few support both at the same time.

Also this controller is not on the ARCserve Certified Device List.

Back