Windows Cluster Nodes and GUID's

matthew.wie

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm running TSM 5.2 and I've got a problem where one of my cluster nodes seems to be getting it's guid and address from the other node. For example stracn01 is the node name, but every so often it contacts the server to say the tcp name has changed to stracn02. The two option files on the cluster correctly display the relevant node name so why are both nodes contacting the server saying they are stracn01?

I'd like to know where the server gets the tcp node name from (one of my nodes (a webserver) has a tcp name of www.peterrabbit.com) and why it keeps changing?

Regards

Matthew Wie

Pearson Technology.

By default, TSM uses the hostname as the node name. You can make this whatever you want by adding a line to the dsm.opt (windows) or the dsm.sys (unix):

nodename <name>

As long as <name> is defined as a node, you should be good to go.

-Aaron

Thanks for the help, I've actually now discovered the problem. When you run through the wizard to update the scheduler, the wrong nodename was specified. So cluster node 2 was contacting the server telling it that it was cluster node 1 - even though all the option files were correct.

One to watch out for.

Matt

Back