Win03SP1 ASR - Network Driver

jcwuerfl

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm trying to restore a Win03SP1 server but the network driver doesn't seem to get installed? with the open command prompt I do a ipconfig /all and I dont see anything listed and yes its plugged in.

How can I manually install this as apart of the ASR recovery process?

My server is a IBM x346 with 2x Internal Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Card.

Thanks

Yeah, I`m also wondering how to manually configure the network card during ASR restore.

IBM documentation says that the network card might be different, but then you have to manually configure it. But it does not say where to do this operation.

We tried the restore on a Dell server. At first we tried to perform ASR restore to a new Dell server with a different network card then the former one. It failed to contact TSM Server due to no network adapter.

Then we installed a scratch Win2003 system on the new Dell server, backed it up, formatted the disk, and startet an ASR restore to the same new Dell server.

Still it failed cause of no network adapter.

So please, anyone know where to load the network adapter drivers during ASR setup ? :)

Any IBM`ers in here who have done it and can help us out ? We have talked to our local IBM expert, but it didnt sound like he had done it himself. He wasnt sure how to arrange it. He was talking about pressing the F6 at the beginning of Windows server, but Microsoft articles says that F6 is ONLY for installing raid/storage drivers. Unfortunately not ethernet/network drivers.. :sad:

I haven't had to try ASR yet, but I have been doing a little research. So far I've found two suggestions for getting the NIC drivers installed:

- try installing the required NIC drivers at the DOS level. Search the manufacturer's web site for the appropriate DOS-based NIC driver. The readme files usually tell you how to get the driver installed using DOS-based commands. Once installed, you should be able to obtain a DHCP address to use with ASR.

- modify the ASR.sif file to specify the NIC device drivers and files required. Microsoft has a good knowledge base article on this (see below).

How to install additional files during Automated System Recovery

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299044/en-us

Regards,

Gary

Back