what is tsm authorized users?

martins

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi, I have following problem:

1) cannot update dsm.opt file users other than root. Is it ok? If I have system privileges, is it not possible to update this file?

2) after executing comand line 'dsmc sched' message appears 'sched function can run only tsm authorized users.

I can run these tasks as root.

Can other user do these tasks or only rot?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi -

For the dsm.opt file, you would have to check the permissions. Probably it is set for only root to edit. You need to have a system administrator change this to give you access.

For the scheduler - at our shop we use root or sudo - do you have 'sudo' access? That would work as well as root...to start it up.

Or, you could try to run it as a non-root user by setting the DSM_LOG environment variable to name a directory where default permissions allow the required access. My guess (in theory) is that may be why you can't run it - it can't write the log file.

Good luck -

-Chris

Thanks Chris a lot.

A first thing is 'go'.

The second not jet. dsmsched and dsmerror files are filling. Before were message that cannot write in the dsmerror file, I think problem may be in other.

I have solved my problems.

Your reply about sudo was correct, but I have changed ownerschip of the dsmc executable and execute bit set to s. This solves a proble.

Thanks!

Hi Martin,

I have solved my problems.

Your reply about sudo was correct, but I have changed ownerschip of the dsmc executable and execute bit set to s. This solves a proble.

Thanks!

We are also facing same problem and here we are not permitted to get sudo user.

Can you kindly guide us how to give nor-root user permissions?

Thanks in advance.

Back