what is the latest version of TSM admin command line interface?

vvragav

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

what is the latest version of TSM admin command line interface?. We are using TSM server 6.2.2 but the command line interface shows the version as 5.4.0.0.

Command line from the TSM server side or from the client side? If your client is at 5.4.0.0, then the CLI will show as 5.4.0.0

The admin command line interface (dsmadmc) is a part from BA client package and will show the same version

How do you mean "command line interface shows the version as 5.4.0.0"? where you can see that?
Are you sure that your TSM server is 622? Or maybe only your client is 622, and server is 540?

Hi,

maybe I understand what the problem is - TSM server comes with the command line interface in the "console" directory - it is named wzrdhlpr.exe and it is nothing but renamed dsmadmc.exe (even file properties say that "dsmadmc" is the original name)
And its version is 5.4.0 even for TSM server v622.
It is part of the server install - you do not need to install the client. Yes, you can - but there is no point just for having higher version of the admin command line interface.

Harry

Dear all, Thank you. Yes I am using the wzrdhlpr.exe file in the server as my admin command line interface. What is the other way of using the admin console from the server (apart from using the client admin)?

well, you may use web interface to ISC/TIP, there is an option "Use Command Line" which wil pop up new window with java based command line

Back