Webclient Password Error

Netscape

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,I"ve got a really strange error with the WebClient on a Linux host (TSM 5.5).When I try to backup or restore over the webclient I"ve been asked for a password. But when I type in the password I get an authentication error. But if i type "dsmc query session" on the linux host, I"ve been asked for the password, I type it in and all goes on.Only if I try it from the webclient, I get this error.I also tried to update the password on the tsm Server (V 5.4.0), but nothing.

Last edited:
Has this worked before?

Can you try using the TSM Server Admin account and password to authenticate via the Web client (I presume via IE)?

If you can, then your issue can be a misconfigured .sys file or some corruption on the password file.

If you cannot, then the issue is the connection between the Web client and the TSM Node.

Hi,

I tried to connect using the old password and that works. I don't know why the password didn't been updated.

On the server I set a new password with "upd no xyz password"

on the client I stopped the dsmcad delete TSM.PWD and did a "dsmc query session" and typed in the new password.

For authenticate Web client TSM uses administrator with Client Access or Client Owner privileges.
User Admin already have this privilege via System privilege class.
As a result you have
-Node name and password for use with dsmc (saved in TSM.PWD)
-Administrator login and password for use with WEB client (don't saved)

You can register new administrator for access to node via WEB:

register admin WEBADMIN WEBPASSWORD
GRANT AUTHORITY WEBADMIN classes=node AUTHority=Access Node=<you nodename from 1>
also you can use domain option instead of Node.

Now you can use administrator WEBADMIN to access via WEB client to this node.

Efim

Last edited:
Back