volumes used for a node

dwcasey

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
What command/query can I run to see the volumes that a particular node had data on? Then, how can I reduce the # of volumes used and consolidate to fewer volumes?

I'm wanting to test a restore on a couple of nodes in the lab and don't want to have to hold a stack of tapes.

q nodedata <node_name> stgpool=<stgpool_name>

Do a HELP Q NODEDATA for more info.

For the second part, you can temporarily turn on collocation for the storage pool and then do a "move nodedata"; this will put all of the client data onto a few tapes. Turn collocation off (if you want to) after the move is complete. There are other ways, but this is probably easiest.

check how many media are used for a specific node

select distinct node_name,volume_name,stgpool_name -
from volumeusage where node_name='winserver001'

This select will show NODE_NAME, TOTAL_MB that is amount of data stored in TSM for this node, TAPES that is the amount of tapes that contain data of this node (of any storage pool), and AVG MB/tape that is the average of MB by tape (TOTAL_MB divided by number of tapes with node data). It's sorted by worst data distribution. This query will pickup data stored on any storage pool, including data on a disk pool pending migration. That can skew the results.

select vu.node_name, ao.total_mb, count(distinct vu.volume_name) -
as tapes, ao.total_mb/count(distinct vu.volume_name) -
as "AVG MB/tape" from volumeusage vu, auditocc ao -
where vu.node_name=ao.node_name -
group by vu.node_name, ao.total_mb order by 4

(copy from LasCon site)

Back