Volume --- mislabeled, unable to restore, confused

LSUDubee

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Problem 1:
I have a LTO3 tape that is barcode with a number (i.e. 005015L3) and show up in Q libvol as that number. When you do a q vol for that number it does not match up. I have figured out that it actually has a different number ( 005010L3) and it I am able to see the content (via q con <vol#> of that tape. Which leads to ....

Problem 2:
I want to move the information off this tape to another/other tape(s). Do I use a move or copy command to get the data onto another tape? Or is there another step before that?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or thoughts.

---------------
It's not easy being Green :D

First I would verify that the volume you think is mis-labeled is actually mis-labeled. This can be done with an "audit vol {volume}" command and when TSM requests the volume be mounted, manually mount the suspected volume in the drive. If TSM is happy, then the tape is mis-labeled as you suspect.

Once confirmed, I would use the "move data {volume}" command to move all the data off the mis-labeled tape and then relabel the tape correctly.

-Aaron

Heada,
For {Volume} are you suggesting the the number that barcode sees "005015L3" or what it is labeled "005010L3."

What I have tried is to audit 015L3 and it says it is not part of the storage pool. When I try to audit 010L3 it requests the tape, I check in the tape that has the internal label of 010L3 but the barcode reads 015L3. After doing that the process it gets "hung up." I am assuming because it really can not find that tape "010L3."

Any thoughts, from anyone would be great....

Thanks

I have the data moved and the tape relabeled. Thank you for your suggestions it is greatly appreciated! :)

Back