Vol Mount Request Failed

GregE

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am running 5.5.4.1 on my TSM server (Solaris 10) and 5.4.5.1 on my storage agents (also Solaris 10). In this technote, the second error (ANR1401W) refers to the tape library client.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC65967

Where on the library client (client running storage agent) would I find this error? Both of these files are empty.
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmerror.log
/opt/tivoli/tsm/StorageAgent/bin/dsmerror.log

Last edited:
Wouldnt that show up in the activity log? I assume the library client he's talking about is the TSM server (library client) using the library thats managed by the other TSM (lib mgmr) server..and it showed up in its act log??

Or am I missing what you are asking? :)

Wouldnt that show up in the activity log? I assume the library client he's talking about is the TSM server (library client) using the library thats managed by the other TSM (lib mgmr) server..and it showed up in its act log??

Or am I missing what you are asking? :)

The first error shows up in the activity log. The second one is supposed to be on the library client (storage agent in my case, I only have one TSM server which is the library manager), based on this line in the technote...
The following message occur on the Library Client:
ANR1401W Mount request denied for volume VOL12345 - mount failed.

**edit** Ok I see they are both in the library manager's actlog, nothing that shows that they are related.

Last edited:
Back