using config manager and admin schedules

paschumacher

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
hi all,

i have 7 TSM servers, 1 library manager/config manager and 6 library clients. i am setting up the config manager to push out profile subscription for the first time and i am running into a problem.

my problem is that i have to define the admin schedule on the config manager to subscribe it to a profile that gets pushed out to other library clients. well, the admin schedules appear to run on the config manager at the same time they run on the library client. i have tried to set the admin schedules with a cmd="tsmserver1:ba db dev=3584class type=full" but the "tsmserver1: telling it to run on tsmserver1 doesnt seem to register when i go back to look at the admin schedule.

does anyone know how i can avoid the admin schedule running on the config manager at the same time it runs on the correct server or am i using the wrong method? i'd like to avoid using scripts if i have to.

thanks much!

On the configuration manager, set the admin schedules to inactive. ie "update sched <name> t=a active=no".

On the client servers set the schedule to active=yes.

Don't put the cmd="servername: xxxx" bit unless you need a schedule on system a to run a command on system b.

Back