User Abort on scheduled backup, Help wanted

Freddo

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am having a problem with one of my scheduled backups on a W2k client. Client is Windows 2000 Sp3, Tsm Client 5.1.1.0 and Storageagent 5.1.1.0 (SAN). TSM server is AIX 4.3.3.0 with TSM 5.1.1.0.

The schedule is started at 21:00 and a tape is mounted. At 21:10 I am getting a ANS1074W User abort entry in the error log file. The system says Backup completed allthough it has transferred 100 Mb instead of 100 Gb. The next entry in the error log is ANS1005E tcp/ip read error on socket errno=10035 reason A non-blocking socket operation could not be completed immediately.

The node is recently moved from Policy domain LAN to Policy Domain SAN but there seems nothing wrong.

When I manually start the backup nothing goes wrong.

Fred Brookman

:confused: :confused:

Sounds like you are doing LAN-free backups? I guess there will be much less experience of this, so IBM support may be your best starting point. However, if you are doing a LAN free backup, have you tried scheduling a normal backup over the LAN to check whether that fails the same / taking the storage agent out of the equation if that is possible.

I'm only just getting into the SAN - LAN free area, so perhaps this is a real long shot, anyway good luck - please use my email if necessary as I dont get too much time to check the discussion forums

George

Try running the TSM Scheduler service under a domain admin account instead of the local account.

Back