URGENT! Please help. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

grax88

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello i have serious trouble. I unfortunately install Logical volume snapshot agent (LVSA) on windows 2000 server (from agent 5.5 cd). After reboot i have blue screen with inaccessible boot device message. No safe mode etc. won't help. I tried to rename tivoli folder and all relevant (4) files in system32 folder but no luck. How can i rid off this? Please help.

Hi,
quick shot:

how about this?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322755

See this section:
If you cannot start Windows 2000 after you edit the registry, you can manually replace the registry files in the %SystemRoot%\System32\Config folder with the copies in the %SystemRoot%\Repair\Regback folder by using Recovery Console.

Harry

for Windows 2000 5.3.6 is latest version... do not use 5.4 or 5.5 clients...

Hello i solved it from repair folder (3 years old registry files etc.). So service pack, reinstalling applications etc. I've tried install windows 2000 into vmware and test this situation and it happened again! So don't install LVSA on windows 2000!!! I am really surprised this situation could happen. Beware.

Last edited:
Hi,

Before installing the LVSA , Is your Entire Tivoli Backup running fine???

Hi,

Before installing the LVSA , Is your Entire Tivoli Backup running fine???

It was new installation, i checked "lvsa option" with installation. Maybe i am stupid that i installed 5.5 on windows 2000, but i don't expect this (blue screen). I mean i think that IBM is so big company that there could be some warning in installation.

there is lot of warnings on README files ;)
Read it... I know it's not funny but if you don't know the compatibility of your system and the agent read it first... It's not the "wasted time"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back