upgrading from client 5.2.2 to 5.3.4

rpask

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
we are going to upgrade the window clients from ver. 5.2.2 to 5.3.4. Can I just upgrade the code without uninstalling the 5.2.2 code, (lay the 5.3.4 right over the 5.2.2)? Do I have to reboot after I installed the new code?

It is recommended if you are using the LVSA (Logical Volume Snapshot Agent/Open Files Agent) that you uninstall TSM or at least the agent when upgrading.

I would also stop any TSM services that are running.

BTW - I have ran into lots of issues when I didn't remove the LVSA or OFA as Chad mentioned before.

When I have upgraded to 5.3.4 from 5.3.0 via layover it would not ask for a reboot but my backups would fail due to not being able to write too the schedule log ( even though the backup woudl happen )

To fix this I started un-installing the old agents before installing 5.3.4. Just something to keep in mind if you run into that issue.

From my experiences it seems it generally only asks for a reboot if you previously installed the LVSA or OFA (open file agent), or are installing it this time around. There have been one or two times where it has asked for a reboot even though neither LVSA or OFA were installed and I have no idea why...thats Windows...

BBB ... I have has the same experience with LVSA/OFA ... and for the odd server reboot, I have resolved that issue by storing the CAD prior to upgrading..

I haven't had to reboot a NON LVSA/OFA during upgrades for over a year now.

Back