jibujacob

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,

My TSM client is
Client Version 5, Release 5, Level 0.0

OS is AIX: 64bit

I would like to upgrade TSM client to Client Version 5, Release 5, Level 3.0

Where will i get the patchsets for the upgrade?
What are the steps that i should follow for the upgrade? Should i unistall the existing client and then install the new one ?

My TSM server is 5.3. So whis is the best client suited for this ?

Regards,
Jibu

Thanks Harry,

This is the installation for 5.5.3.0 rt?
I can directly install it on the machine where currently 5.5.0.0 client is running rt?

Can i used it for installing in a fresh machine where there is no tivoli client ?

Regards,
jibu

Hi,

yes, this is client 5.5.3.0 - release level (you can browse the FTP for other versions)
yes, you can install it on the client where 5.5.0.0 is running - kill all schedulers and dsmcad processes and use update software in smitty
95% yes - I remember that for other TSM components (TSM server, Storage Agent etc.) you need to install base first and then the release and fixpack updates - I am alomst (95% :) ) sure that the client does not need this and can be installed from scratch - just try - the worst thing that can happen is that it asks for prerequisite packages.

The client consist of several filesets - some of them you do not need to install (if you are not going to need them) - like HSM, NAS Backup client, Journal Based Backup ... etc.

Harry

Back