Upgrade from TSM 6.3.4 to 7.1 - User Account

ieu00956

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am having a weird issue with an upgrade, when I get to the credentials for the existing instance, the userid is auto filled in to .\administrator which is the service account for TSM and DB2 and its the account I am logged into the server as. When I enter the password it fails to verify. This is an OS account and I am reset the password restarted the TSM service etc so I am certain (despite second guessing myself) of the password.

has anyone seen this, I am working from the understanding that this is the operating system account that starts the services, is this correct ?

Hi, I believe so I looked at the link and from what i can see its OK. This is a test systems so I changed the password to Passw0rd in windows for the service account and in DB2 via the set command but no luck I am afraid, the account is administrator

Same error for me.

Instance credentials:
--------------------------------------
Instance name: SERVER1
Do you want update this instance? Y. Yes N. No
-----> [Y, N]
y
User name: .\Administrator
Password:
Enter the password. Alternatively, to skip this instance, type "s" and then pres
s Enter.
----->

Verifying...
The password for this instance is not recognized. Retry the password. Alternat
ively, to skip this instance, type "s" and then press Enter.
----->

Hi Mike

Thanks for that,worked a dream. Very important to reverse the reg change after clicking to verify the account as if not a db2start command a few steps on will fail. Nice "feature" :)

Back