Upgrade from 6.3.4. to 7.1.1. no Storagetek L80 Support

axisminden

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Dear all,
i have upgrade from Tsm 6.3.4 to 7.1.1. Since then, I can no longer use our library StorageTek L80..
TSM reports the error, the library does not exist.
The Path to Drive and Library are Online,
tsmdlst.exe shows the mt, Lb numbers are ok.
OS is Windows 2008R2,
Installed Driver for the L80 "IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Medium Changers Ver. 6.2.3.0"
It looks like the Library is no longer supported .
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&uid=swg21108654
Is it possible to integrate the library with other drivers back into TSM? She was suitable for DBbackups.
Thank you for answers.
Sorry for my english.

Michael

If it's not too late, the best thing would be to revert back to 6.3.4, you would loose all data backed up since the upgrade, which may not be that much since you cannot use the library. Then upgrade to the latest 6.3.x patch level. Stay at 6.3.x until you can replace the library.

You may also try to use a suitable Windows driver or the device native driver and re-configure the library as a generic device: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowl...om.ibm.itsm.srv.doc/c_device_drivers_win.html I don't know if you will be able to read your old data this way or not, but it doesn't look like you can read it now anyway.

Thank you marclant,
Now the Upgrade is three Weeks ago. That`s to late to restore DB.
I try the Device Driver.

Michael

Make sure you carefully read the documentation before proceeding, you need to understand what you are doing before doing it.

Yes i will work carefully. But there is no Data on the Library that i need.
I just like to use the Library as DB Backup Library. I hate it to waste LTO4 Tapes for this .
At this time i do DBbackup to a devclass/ Drive. That works for me, but a DBbackup on Tape
makes life easier.

Michael

Risk low if you don't have any data in that library. It will work or it won't.

Back