Upgrade from 5.3 to 5.4

S-II

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
hey-

I recently upgraded a client from 5.3 to 5.4... the upgrade went great and backups ran the following night. But when the administrator tried to run a help query from the command line, it gave him an ANR2300E Could not open "ameng" the server help file. So by help query, I mean... he tried to run "h audit vol"... to see the full context options for auditing a volume.

any ideas?

I thought about halting the server... AIX 5.3 by the way.... and unistalling and reinstalling the EN_US.Devices and EN_US.Server....

I'm not particularly strong in AIX...deal primarily in TSM specifically...but I think you have the wrong TSM filesets installed.

I believe your issue is that you want "en_US..." for the TSM file sets instead of "EN_US".

Take a look at the TSM Server install readme for the required package sets...I am pretty sure it's lower case "en" you are after.

You should probably double check with TSM support before installing/changing to en_US to make sure no surprises happen.

Dunno if this is what you're talking about, but sometimes a day or two after my upgrades, I may get an error with the message file on the client. I rename dscenu.txt to dscenu.old, and copy it in from another client with the same BAC version.

That's worked more times than not for me.

Jen Howland
Hershey, PA

Greetings:
I'm very new to this program Tivoli Storage Manager Server Version 5, Release 2, Level 3.1.
As a side note: This version was also named "Albertsons". I don't know if that makes a differences or not.

Please help me. I'm running this above software on my Snap Server 4500 using GuardianOS. GuardianOS is basically a modified RedHat Linux based operation system. The TSM server running on my SnapServer is WebGUI based.

Here are some questions I hope you can answer for me.

Can you point me in a direction to the software to use/download with my TSM server that will work together with it on my Pc(win2000,WinNT4,etc..)?

I'm a little confused as to what software I need to install on my PC in order for it to work together with the TSM server on my SnapServer 4500.

Also, can you point me in the direction where I can get the newest patch for my version of TSM server?

I'll stop for now, but thank you very much for your time in this matter.

Best regards,
bitor

Win solution

Hi everybody,
I solved this problem editing the dsmserv.opt file. It's necessary to set the correct language and the help is still displayed.

Beddu

Back