Updating client node password

tsmuser13

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
hi friends

i am updating my windows client node password but i seem to be having trouble in the final execution.

i have updated my node password through comman line on the TSM server using command

update node <node-name> (passwd)

then i log onto my windows client (node-name: MAILCLUSTER)

and tried to run 'dsmc q sess' or 'dsmc q sched' on command prompt under the directory " /program files/tivoli/tsm/baclient"

but i do not get a prompt asking me to change the password.

hence i am unable to run the schedule. please help me out and correct me where i am going wrong.

Regards

a brief description of my scenario:

we have 3 nodes defined for exchange backup, MAILCLUSTER, MAILCLUSTER_WEEKLY & MAILCLUSTER_MONTHLY. My MAILCUSTER schedule is working fine but MAILCLUSTER_WEEKLY & MAILCLUSTER_MONTHLY have failed due to password expiration of the nodes hence i am trying to update the password and run the schedule.

If you don't get a prompt and you get a result from the query, the password was ok. Make sure you do this on each of the cluster nodes though.

Have you setup the tsm client properly for clusters? There's a doc for this, I'm sure someone will post a link for it. For example you need to have the cluster option set in the dsm.opt file for each of the 3 tsm nodes you have, i think its "clusternode yes" or something like that.

What error do you get on the TSM server when the schedule tries to run, where is it telling you its a password problem? And what is in the 3xdsmsched.log and 3xdsmerror.log files for the client schedulers?

hi BBB

thanks for your quick response:

following are the errors in tdperror.log

07/13/2009 12:19:46 ANS1025E Session rejected: Authentication failure
07/13/2009 16:26:48 ANS1025E Session rejected: Authentication failure

and in the scheduler we get the following message:

7/13/2009 16:26:48 ANS1909E The scheduled command failed.
07/13/2009 16:26:48 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'EXCH_MONTHLY_BACKUP' failed. Return code = 402

please help.

The documentation is here.

Make sure you have your cluster environment setup according to that, so you'll need a client for every node and a client for every cluster group.

1 Gets you 100 you're running the client as the wrong node. You can specify the dsm.opt on the command line (i.e. you can specify it within a shortcut).

Do some searching if you need help setting up the cluster correctly, it's been around before.

Back