UnInstall of the V5.2 Admin Client

pstephen

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I installed the V5.2 Admin Web Client on my new V5.3 TSM Server a few months ago. It has been working great. Like everyone else in this forum, I found the new ISC to be very slow, difficult to navagte, and a major resource hog. Other than that, there are some good points to the new ISC interface.

Any way, at this point I have gotten comfortable with the ISC interface (still don't like it), and I want to convert one server back to using the V5.3 ISC interface. Does anyone have any instructions on how to convert a server BACK to using the V5.3 ISC interface???

To install the V5.2 Admin Web Client, I had to run the windows.idl file. So I expect that there is some IDL file that I must run to reverse the effect of the windows.idl file. IBM says that the V5.2 Admin Web Client is a "transistional" tool. So there must be some way to transistion back to using V5.3 ISC. I am afraid that I have not found it on any IBM web site. Any help or Guidance would be appreciated.

Pete

Hi Pete,

You don't have to transition back, the 5.2 Web Admin interface does not disable the use of the ISC/Admin Center. Just create a connection in the Admin Center to the TSM Server, and you will be able to access it.

Regards,

Stephen

Back