Unable to find path - Serial number error

tsmboys

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi

Anybody can help me to resolve this problem.

ANR8963E Unable to find path to match the serial number defined for drive BGLDRIVE05 in library BGLEBS .
ANR0408I Session 248 started for server BGL-SVR-EBS (AIX-RS/6000) (Tcp/Ip) for library sharing.
ANR0409I Session 248 ended for server BGL-SVR-EBS (AIX-RS/6000).
ANR8873E The path from source XXXXXXXXXXXX_SAN to destination BGLDRIVE05 (/dev/rmt5) is taken offline.
< 34.24 MB> [ -]
ANR1794W TSM SAN discovery is disabled by options.
ANR8963E Unable to find path to match the serial number defined
for drive BGLDRIVE05 in library BGLEBS .
ANR0408I Session 249 started for server BGL-SVR-EBS
(AIX-RS/6000) (Tcp/Ip) for library sharing.
ANR0409I Session 249 ended for server BGL-SVR-EBS (AIX-RS/6000).
ANR8873E The path from source XXXXXXX_SAN to destination BGLDRIVE05 (/dev/rmt5) is taken offline.
< 34.24 MB> [- ]
ANR1794W TSM SAN discovery is disabled by options.
ANR8963E Unable to find path to match the serial number defined for drive BGLDRIVE05 in library BGLEBS .
ANR0408I Session 250 started for server BGL-SVR-EBS (AIX-RS/6000) (Tcp/Ip) for library sharing.

Thanks in Advance.

I don't have a TSM server to log in to right now so I can't give you exact steps...but when I see this happen, I do the following:
1. Update the drive to auto-detect serial number (instead of having it hard set on a number - which I believe is the default).
2. Bring the path for the drive online...this should allow TSM to reconcile the "new" serial number with the drive.

If zatogo's recommendation doesnt work you will need to delete paths and drives and the re define drives and paths. I have had many instance where just updating the path didnt fix the issue.

Dont delete library path and Library unless you want to check everything back in.

Back