TSM V6.1 Report issue

kidz

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello all
I have one server to install TSM Server V6.1 but I don't need to install Tivoli Monitor on any server. How to generate report without Tivoli Monitoring ?

I don't know why IBM remove TOR from TSM6 V6.1 :confused:

Hello all
I have one server to install TSM Server V6.1 but I don't need to install Tivoli Monitor on any server. How to generate report without Tivoli Monitoring ?

You will then need to run scripts to get daily reports, use third party tools, or freeware tools.

You will then need to run scripts to get daily reports, use third party tools, or freeware tools.

Thank you and please advice me about third party or freeware that can get daily report :up:

Thanks all,
Why wouldn't you install the monitoring piece? Its one of the nicest features of ver 6.
because its cannot install on the same server and I have limited budget to paid for new server :cry:

Thanks all,

because its cannot install on the same server and I have limited budget to paid for new server :cry:

That is on the cards to change, cannot recall if it is 6.1.2 or 6.2
In the interim, look to put in some custom scripts to perform your monitoring of the relevant pieces of information that you require, there are a lot of scripts on this site that can get you started and a number of sites with SQL in there.

IMHO TCR is one small step forward, one giant leap backwards.

Increased implementation / administration time
no email facility for alerts

TSm6.1 with 5.5 reporting

We have a server running on tsm 6.1 but the reporting still in 5.5 version. The format came back is very hard to read. Can I use tsm 6.1 for 5.5 reporting tools? (from management console in windows)
Is there any upgrade/patch for tsm6.1 to work with 5.5 reporting?

I know this may sound pretty hardcore, but I'm been using MS Access for years to do my reporting. I believe 6.1 now uses the standard db2 SQL odbc drivers. Can anyone conform this?

I have written a report using BIRT which is quite a nice tool once you know how to use it. (My first impression was terrible but it is such a nice report engine). I use it to query the TSM database directly just like the old operational reporting used to do. My main issue with it right now is that unless I do the equivalent select statement (or a select * from required_table) within TSM to 'refresh' the information, I dont get up to date data from my query in BIRT.

I could post my findings on how to set it up if I am able the fix that annoying issue.

Thanks

Back