TSM TDP Exchange 2007 CCR cluster configuration?

You can do legacy backup, just remove "/BACKUPMETHOD=VSS /BACKUPDESTINATION=TSM " from script. And yes, you should have separate dsm.opt files on each node, if you do not have shared disk.

Thanks Mita
Scripting is not my best part, but I take it I have to create two scripts, one for FULL and one for INCREMENTAL.
Since VSS is only FULL, how can I set the script to INCREMENTAL?

Also, I see on the instructions step 5, to create two association for both servers (active and passive).
Is this going to backup both servers? Or the scripts determine which servers to backup.
Should I put both associations on the same schedule that start at the same time?

Khawts,

Everybody here will be glad to help you, but please do a bit of reading before you ask for help.
Try this for the beggining:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoc...itsmfm.doc/dpexc106.htm#dpe_ref_cmd_backupsyn

I think that you have to do full backup if you are going to utilize VSS. incremental can't be done using VSS, only legacy (as far as I know).

Yes, you will initiate schedule on both nodes at the same time, and script should check whether node is active or passive, and will start backup on passive node only.

Back