TSM Server version for Mail client 6.1.2

bphealy

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi
In the pre-req for the 6.1.2 exchange client documentation it states that the back-end TSM server must be 6.1 or above. On some of the IBM sites it states "any supported version of TSM".

Anyone any thoughts on this will my TSM 5.5 server support exchange 2010 backups via the 6.1 client ? and if so are there any disadvantages to doing this ?

Generally speaking a client that has higher version (up to 2 versions higher) will work with a TSM server with a lower version. However, the features of the higher version will be limited by the TSM server version.

I have clients at 6.1.3 (BA) and 5.5.2 (TDP for Database) and my TSM server is at 5.4.3.2

Everything works except for the new features that the higher versions have.

The problem I am probably face with is that support for exchange 2010 is new to the 6.1 client so and this is a new feature so does this mean that with 5.5 server it will not backup exchange 2010. I am currently building a test environment to look into this but I am wondering if I am wasting my time.

I believe that backups will go - it is just that Exchange 2010 is new and this needs newer Client versions.

It will work fine. I have setup with BA 6.2.1, TDP for Exchange 6.1.2, Exchange 2010 and TSM Server 5.5.4.

Hi All

Thanks for the responses, I will udpate this once testing is complete

Back