TSM Reclamation Errors after DUMP/LOADFORMAT/LOADDB

csops

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm working with IBM on recovering my TSM to it's former glory. I've been having major issues since Monday. I've resotred the DB which worked fine for a night until it crashed the following morning due to an almost infite process which kept looking for a volume for recl.

TSM Server Error: Server: PRIMARY_TSM ANR1081E Space reclamation is ended for volume G:\PRIMARY_SATA\00004500.BFS. Storage media is inaccessible.

We suspect that these errors (3 per sec) caused activity log corruption and ultimately corrupted the DB. I've run thorugh the process of DUMPDB/LOADFORMAT/LOADDB and AUDITDB. Which has taken over 2 full days. Anyway, finally when I restarted the server in the foreground after the AuditDB the pesky original error cited above hammered away again. I had to kill the session and I'm currently waiting for IBM to come back with a possible solution.

As you can see from the path I'm running Windows. I've done a chkdsk on all drives and I'm curious to see what other experts think? Where can I go from here? Would there be issues with the HBA drivers? I suspect not considering my DB/LOGS are on the same SAN.

Regards,

Wesley

Can I add that I have managed to start the server adding the [FONT=&quot]the following lines to the opt file.

NOMIGRRECL
DISABLESCHED YES
EXPINT 0

Should I audit the offending volume? Would I use fix=yes or fix=no?
[/FONT]

Hmm. Seems ok. You are stopping the activities for some time, so no harm. Revert them after you are done.
Try audit with fix=no first and see what it reports...

Back