TSM Operational Reporting -- Start Time

sfcc

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
In TSM Operational Reporting, I'm only able to specify the minute of the hour and the frequency in terms of hours. The problem is that I want my report to run every morning at 7 AM. However, if I make a modification to the report, it'll start counting the next 24 hours from the time I made the edit. Is there any way to force it to start at 7 AM (without me having to actually having to arrive at work before 7 AM to make the edit)? Thanks.

Hi,

I use driver 7 and have no problems with this. Every day at 05:30 I have a report generated. If you select "Refresh using current Time" the displayed report will of course be from the time this was selected. In Reports\Operational Reports\Daily Report\Report Details you select relevant values in fileds Time to start, Hrs. covered, Repeat every x days. I suspect you either are in Hourly Monitors, or have an old version.

Download current version here:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/techprev/tsmopreport/latest/

Regards

Morten Ross

You are correct, I mis-typed in my first post. I do not have this problem with reports. However, I do have this problem with monitors. I want the monitor to run the same time every day. The only way I can accomplish that is to actually be here one day at or before to the time I want it to run and set the minutes. Then, it will run the very next time that it hits the minute selected in the current hour. I'd like to not have to do this. I'd like it to behave more like the reports and let me set an actual run time. Is there a way to do this with the monitors? I do have the latest version, as well. Thanks.

Hi,

There are three options:

1:

You select "Send Mail" og click "Feedback" . You write what you want, and the development team will hopefully give you a positive response.

2:

Use Windows Sceduler to stop/start the tsmreptsvc" at the desired time. This should reset it and start couting the minutes to start.

3:

Set the desired values as if the right time to run it is now.

You then save the Registry key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM\CurrentVersion\console_reporting\YOURCOMPUTER\MONITOREDCOMPUTER\Monitor\Hourly Monitor]

to a local file.

Create a *.bat file in which you have "REGEDIT /S yoursavedreg.reg" and net stop and start tsmreptsvc.

Then you use Windows Scheduler to run at the desired time. The difference between this one and #2 is that you ensure that these values are present during stop/start of the service.

Regards

Morten Ross

Back