TSM on AIX with STK L20 Library

Craigy

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
www-306.ibm.com
Hi everyone,

does anyone know which device driver to use with TSM 5.2.x server on AIX 5.2.x with an STK L20 Library (Ultrium-1 drives, SCSI).

Is it ACSLS or is there another device driver out there?

Thanks in advance,

Craigy

You will need to contact StorageTek for those drivers.

Robin

For the Unix side of the setup you will need to use the Atape driver if they are IBM drives. If not you will use the OST driver (Other SCSI tape) If they are IBM tape drives... If memory serves me correctly when you do the library, drive and path statements it should pull in the serial number and element information from the tape drives.

If using the OST driver then you will need to use the TSM device driver used in smitty to configure the drives. Then the drives should be able to be configured.

Good luck Brian

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>For the Unix side of the setup you will need to use the Atape driver if they are IBM drives. If not you will use the OST driver (Other SCSI tape) If they are IBM tape drives... If memory serves me correctly when you do the library, drive and path statements it should pull in the serial number and element information from the tape drives.

If using the OST driver then you will need to use the TSM device driver used in smitty to configure the drives. Then the drives should be able to be configured.

Good luck Brian</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks Brian... If you're in the Bristol area I think we may have met!

:grin:

Craigy

Back