TSM Node not able to retain password

khurana5

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi,

One more pestering problem. We have file level backups configured, certain of our cluster servers are not able to retain the passwords ,set for the backup scheduler. We have tried to force set the password via admin console in command line mode, :confused: nothing works.

Strangest thing is it does not happen in both the nodes of the cluster, it happens in only one node of the cluster. This too happens only with SAN Disk file level backups, on the same server file level backup of local disk run fine.

we have tried re creating the schdeuler,No go. tried resetting the password by creating the password registry entry. All the servers are windows 2000 Adv servers.

Is there a way to force set the password or check if the password being set is getting properly validated.

Regards

Shamin

I've scripted the setup of the service(s) on clusters. I execute the command to create the service and then follow it immediately with a command to query session. Here's an example.

"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmcutil.exe" install /name:"TSM Scheduler Service-A" /clientdir:"c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient" /password:xxxxx /validate:yes /autostart:no /startnow:no /clusternode:yes /node:servername /clustername:clusterservername

"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmcutil.exe" query session

I haven't had a problem loosing/syncing the password since I did this.

Uh... you do have PasswordAccessGenerate Yes, set in the opt file, don't you?

If I do have to resync the password I run the updatepw command and follow with a query session again:

"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmcutil.exe" updatepw /node:servername /password:xxxxx /validate:yes /optfile:f:\tsm-a\dsm.opt

"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmcutil.exe" query session

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks buddy .

It works on some clusters. But not all of them.This also happens in some of the DMZ servers.

passwordaccess generate is set to yes in opt file. I am wondering why this problem started out of sudden. I dont intent to run a script. I want to find out how and why this problem started.

But what difference does it make? when you create/update followed by a immediate query session.

Regards

Shamin

Back