TSM journal engine on Linux

scampuzano

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pragma.com.co
Hi everybody!!

I've been working with TSM for 6 months. We have a TSM Server 5.5 running on a Windows 2003 Server x64 ( 2 GB of RAM, 2 x Xeon 2.8 Ghz). We also have several Windows & Linux clients. I configured the TSM Journal Service very easy on Windows, but I dont how if this is possible on Linux....

Any suggestions woukd be appreciated.

Which daemon do we have to use??

shouldn't be any different. You'll still be utilizing the journal ini file to create your DB - all you need is to start the appropriate daemons

Hello...

Thanks for your response, but, do you know where can I find the daemon ?

There is a journal daemon for Linux? I remember reading journalling is not available on Linux. Has this changed?

(Can't look it up for you, sorry, no Linux here :( )

look for your sample ini files {*.smp} - perhaps the daemon is listed there. Now I too do not have Linux as well and hoping someone will ping in with the correct location of the daemons. Linux outside the remaining UNIX OSs may indeed not support journaling but I'll ask around as well.

Hi,

AFAIK journaling is available on AIX and Windows only ....

What platforms and TSM client versions is Journal Backup available for?

Journal Based Backup is supported on all supported TSM Windows platforms and on AIX as
of TSM client version 5.3.4.

Journal Based Backup was introduced in the TSM version 4.22 client and in the TSM 5.3.4 AIX client.

excerpt is from this link:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docvie...uid=swg21155524&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en+en

I am sorry

Harry

Back