TSM for Virtual environments - file level backups and fulls without duplicate data?

Use a windows vm first - this much more easier. For linux vm's the best way is to do it manually. If you need any support let me know.
Gruesse aus Berlin nach Basel.

soll ich auf national Language Support umstellen ? :redface:

I wanted to mount a disk from the VM guest (either local c or another local e) but I get the error message FBSM1012I the partition structure of the selected disk cannot be parsed.Either the disk is not a MBR-based disk or it contains partitions of unsupported types ??? ups ???

there is no TDPVMwareMount.conf file. can I create such one from scratch with the following found in the topic from your URL :

To disable Tape Mode, update the following values in TDPVMwareMount.conf and restart the mount service:
  • 'Tape Mode = 0’
  • 'TSM Read ahead=64'
  • 'Read Ahead Cache Size TSM=10000'

Use this path: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Tivoli\TSM\TDPVMware\Mount\
Here you'll find the conf-file - hopefully :cool:

Last edited:
OK I added the 3 statements in the config file TDPVMwareMount.conf, restarted the TDPVMwareMount.exe -notservice but [Tape Mode] is not displayed at the top of the mount user interface (like described in the topic) and the error FBSM1012I s still there :mad:

now I have [Tape Mode] displayed at the top of the mount user interface but the mount generates still the error FBSM1012I :mad: for one of the VM guest local disk .

For the VM guest local C disk now mounted on the backup Proxy as E after a long "Sanduhr" I have access to the desired files but I is laborious : 1. copy to backup proxy server and 2. afterwards transfer the files to the VM guest with ... I hope 6.3 brings more facilities ;)
Thank you
Und jetzt gehe ich für 2 Wochen in Urlaub
Gruss aus Basel :cool:

Tape mode isn't really funny. I'll use a VTL in the future (is also tape mode but much more faster). There are a lot of config tasks like VMMC, VMCTLMC ...
Nice holidays for you.

Try using this (my conf file):
[General config]
Tape Mode = 1
TSM Read ahead=1024
Read Ahead Cache Size TSM=75000
Write Caching Path=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Tivoli/TSM/TDPVMware\mount\
Write Caching Size=79
Auto Access Check=0
Caching Enable=0

I read the earlier files, but apparently I missed this: how did you solve the no-gui problem? I seem to only have installed a command line, not the gui.

I read the earlier files, but apparently I missed this: how did you solve the no-gui problem? I seem to only have installed a command line, not the gui.

What platform are you using (Windows or Linux)? If Windows you'll need to connect with the console or admin option via RDP. When connecting to a Linux proxy via SSH please don't forget to enable X11 tunneling (-X option).

Last edited:
I connected to Windows with -admin option, where should I look for it?

Thanks again!

What level of TDP and OS are you using? W2k3 you look for it in the taskbar. W2k8 there is a shortcut in the start menu. The path to the binary should be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tivoli\TSM\TDPVMware\mount\TDPVMwareMount.exe (but this depends on your system environment 32 or 64 bit etc.)

Greetings
Sebastian

Back