TSM for VE - ports used between the vCenter plug-in Server and a vStorage Backup Srv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesperDanielsen

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi

I've separated the TSM's vCenter plugin (eWAS) and the vStorage Backup Server on 2 different servers.
But the vCenter plugin can't communicate with the vStorage Backup Server - I get an "#ERROR ANS1017E (RC-50) Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure" error message.
If I disable the Windows firewall on the vStorage Backup Server, it works fine.
I've created an inbound firewall rule on the vStorage Backup Server, with the following ports (TCP) opened: 443, 1501, 1581, 1582, 1583, 9080, 22, 3260 - according to the specs here http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21625297

Any ideas to why it doesn't work ?

Best regards /Jesper

Hi

I've separated the TSM's vCenter plugin (eWAS) and the vStorage Backup Server on 2 different servers.
But the vCenter plugin can't communicate with the vStorage Backup Server - I get an "#ERROR ANS1017E (RC-50) Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure" error message.
If I disable the Windows firewall on the vStorage Backup Server, it works fine.
I've created an inbound firewall rule on the vStorage Backup Server, with the following ports (TCP) opened: 443, 1501, 1581, 1582, 1583, 9080, 22, 3260 - according to the specs here http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21625297

Any ideas to why it doesn't work ?

Best regards /Jesper

My simple solution to this: disable any firewall rule that has to do with the IP addresses of both servers (but you may try entering port 1500 as I don't see it on your list). Thus, the would be an IP address based rule.

My simple solution to this: disable any firewall rule that has to do with the IP addresses of both servers (but you may try entering port 1500 as I don't see it on your list). Thus, the would be an IP address based rule.

Thx. I've created a work-around based on your solution - A inbound ip-based rule (on the vStorage Backup Server) where all ports from the vPlugin Server are allowed.

Best regards /Jesper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back