TSM Exchange - Object not found on DC

greyhound

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
When I run the TDP for exchange through the GUI I backup successfully. But when I try it via the command line I receive the following error:

"The operation could not be performed because object '<Server Name>' could not be found on domain controller '<DC Name>'."

This is the command I am using:

tdpexcc backup * Full /tsmnode= <Nodename> /tsmpassword=<Node's Password>

This is a clustered environment with two servers in one cluster.

Any ideas?

This is the command I am using in my clustered environment:
Code:
tdpexcc backup * full /tsmoptfile=dsm.opt /excserver=<server> /configfile=tdpexc.cfg
Are you sure the CLI client is using the correct dsm.opt, tdpexc.cfg etc.? Is it pointing to the correct Exchange instance? (Oh, and that space behind /tsmnode= is not really there, is it?)

Error on command

I execute the following command:

tdpexcc backup * full /tsmoptfile=dsm.opt /execserver=<Name of TSM Server> /configfile=tdpexec.cfg

I receive the following error:

ACN5241E The MicroSoft Exchange Information Store is currently not Running.

If I then try manually from the GUI it works. I am currently logged in with an account that does have Exchange Admin privlidges.

Any ideas?

This error occurs when you try to run tdpexcc on passive node of CCR.

I have the same error as I run

"tdpexcc query exchange"

"The operation could not be performed because object '<Server Name>' could not be found on domain controller '<DC Name>'."

I checked my machine is on DC. Something missing in my config but ???

My issue is resolved. My command line was incorrect. This is what i have:

tdpexcc backup * full /tsmoptfile=dsm.opt /excserver=<Exchange Cluster name> /configfile=tdpexec.cfg /TSMNode=<Exchange Cluster Node Name> /TSMPassword=<Node Password>

Back