TSM Development Looking to Obtain Copies of Actual Customer DBs to Use for Testing

jendavis

Newcomer
Reaction score
As a part of our efforts to evaluate future tools and capabilities related to the TSM server database, TSM development is looking to obtain copies of actual customer databases to use in our testing environment.

If you think that you might be interested in submitting a copy of your database to us via tape or FTP, please review the following initial requirements and reply to this post or send me a "private message". I will then use the "private message" feature to provide you with my direct IBM email address so that we may communicate further about the requirements / instructions related to the submission process.

1) At this time, we can only accept DB submissions if the DB does not contain any confidential information or personally identifiable information (such as social security or national ID numbers, phone numbers, etc.)

2) In order to accept the DB submission, there is a 1 page agreement that must be signed and sent to us in hardcopy. For those interested in submitting a DB, I will forward a copy of the agreement to you for review.

3) Customers that choose to submit their DBs via FTP will have their own unique user ID to the FTP space. Also, all FTP transfers must use the "Secure FTP" protocol. This can be achieved via a web browser using https:// or by initiating the FTP command with software that allows for SSL/TLS sessions.

If you believe that you can meet the above criteria and would like to submit your database to us, please respond to this post so that we can discuss this possibility in further detail.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

With Kind Regards,

Jennifer Davis
SysBack & TSM Development
TSM Extended Customer Preview Program Coordinator

All;
While working with the Development team in the past - this is a perfect opportunity to get your environments in check with Development. Point out current issues as potential work items for their palatte. I would suspect they want to see Those unique with special Recovery issues, NDMP, Hopefully DB2 enhancements requests, our favorite item - ISC - etc...
Here's your chance...fire away....perhaps your site could also be nominated or recommended as a Beta testing site.

Thanks for the post -
and yes - in case you are wondering - this is a valid post -
Jennifer does indeed work for IBM...

-Chef.

Do you still need DBs?
There's nothing in ours but server names, IP addresses, and a group email address. It's assigned at about 55G, using about 3/4 of that.

Back