TSM db2 backup size limit for a session

vnvasanth

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a db2 client with 4.5TB of data getting backingup to the TSM in LAN.Its taking around 18 hours to 20 hours to complete the backup with 3 parallel sessions.
We are facing the logpinned issue and those sessions are automatically killed by the tsm once the log reached 80%.
actually the 3 sessions are running the db2 backups as 3 files with 1.5 TB as single file.So the sessions is running very long.
Is there any way to limit the size of the data being backup to tsm and split with multiple strips.I want the to transfer the data as in GB instead of TB of a single file.
In oracle RMAN, we have can split the backups with limited size like 1GB or 2gb and will transfer as small small files.whether do we have same kind of options in db2.
Please help me to resolve the issue since we are getting many backup failures and we are not in possition to go for lanfree.I am confident on dividing the whole 4.5 tb db file with small size of data to transfer to tsm will help the logpinned issue and same will help the performance.

TSM server is 5.4.4. in aix 5.3 and client is 5.4.1 in aix 5.3
thanks in advane

Hi

In Data Protection for SAP version you can set the segment size for each db2 backup sesion. I'm not sure about earlier versions. This will do what you are asking.

See chapter 6, page 71 of the Data Protection for SAP installation and user guide.

regards

Back