TSM COMMAND LINE NOT Responding

rallingham

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
http
I have this TSM V631 that I try to open the command line for TSM. It opens asks for the ID but it never comes back to me. It just sits there. I can see a session starting for it as I started TSM in the foreground. Nothing comes back.

When did the issue started?
In the dmserror.log are there any hints?
Was there a change in the dsm.opt or dsm.sys?
Is the dsm.opt/dsm.sys is the tcpclientaddress set?
If so, is the ip address correct? If we are using the FQDN suggest using the ip address.

Is the dsmadmc hosted on the same system as the TSM Server?
If your using the dsmadc in the TSM/Client/BA/bin/ directory, there is another dsmadmc in the server directory.
Try the dsmadmc in the server directory. Unix, look in /tivoli/tsm/server/bin/tsmdiag .

If we issue dsmc q node, do we see information or do we receive an error?
Want to see if the TSM B/A Client can communicate with the TSM Server.

Good Luck,
Sias

Thanks for the feed back. I have been through all that stuff above. At this point I can get in to the command line but when I do a query I get a message saying more is required for the query. Very strange. This is a windows 8 system and TSM is at V6330. The message I get is: The 'QUERY' command must be followed by a subcommand This is ANS1138E. Makes no sense to me.

The 'QUERY' command must be followed by a subcommand This is ANS1138E.
If you get ANS... message, you are in dsmc and the prompt probably looks like "TSM>".
If you were in dsmadmc, the messages would be ANR... and the prompt "TSM: {servername}>"

Back