TSM Client upgrade to 6.2.3 - backup error help

Nigel

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have just installed the fix patch 6.2.3 from 6.2.0 on windows 2008 r2 and now I am getting this error

ANS1417W Protected system state file '\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy12\Windows\System32\iscsilog.dll' is backed up to the drive file space, not system state file space.

The incr backup completes but with this error, only ever since I have upgraded.

Any one had this problem and if so what did you do to resolve it?

Any help much appreciated

I am the TSM admin.

although this is a different directory, has anyone changed the permissions and reg key, solving the issue?

also this is not a vm

thanks

Sorry, I wanted to write Windows admin :)

There maybe numerous directories with similar error code and message. Are you receiving only this particular directory?

Not sure if anyone has solved the issue this way.

Can't say specifically, but does anything unusual reports in Windows at the time when error occurs?

Yep only this directory, no errors in the event viewer what so even.

The tsm event accurse at the completion of an incr backup every night.

Ok. Are you able to backup system state using Windows Server Backup utility?

Since, its a warning, it may not cause backup to fail, but demands attention.

This problem was reported to TSM support and it has been found to be a problem with Windows 2008 Sp1. This problem will not occur until Sp1 is installed. As mentioned above the file is backed up to the filesystem so there should not be any concerns about a system restore.

Hi Guys

I have just installed the fix patch 6.2.3 from 6.2.0 on windows 2008 r2 and now I am getting this error

ANS1417W Protected system state file '\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy12\Windows\System32\iscsilog.dll' is backed up to the drive file space, not system state file space.

The incr backup completes but with this error, only ever since I have upgraded.

Any one had this problem and if so what did you do to resolve it?

Any help much appreciated

You should try upgrading to 6.2.1 then to 6.2.3. Don't jump directly to 6.2.3. My company ran into a similar issue.

There is no reason on Windows you must upgrade the client in that fashion. There is no reason you must install 6.2.1 and then 6.2.3 on Windows.

As for the "new" error you are getting, that is apar IC79284.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?crawler=1&uid=swg1IC79284

The apar is still open so there is no fix available. While there is an error against this one object, it should not keep you from restoring your machine if the need arises.
And as the message states, the file is backed up as part of the local filesystem.

Please note that this issue with this one file is actually a problem with SP1 on Windows 2008.

Robert
TSM Level 2 support

Back