TSM Admin job market in Canada or Europe

whiteone

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm potentially looking for a location change, and wondered what the job market was like in Canada or Europe.

Things like are there many jobs available there for TSM Admins? Is TSM big in these countries, etc...

I'm just trying to get a feel for how sought after TSM admins are in either Canada or anywhere in Europe.

If you would prefer to private message me, that is fine :)

Thanks in advance!

Dave.

I can safely say that TSM work here in Canada is mostly for Contract type work at the time being. If you are used to this type of environment, then this is something you can pursue.

thanks

G'day Ed,

Thanks for the reply. Good to know there is *something* out there in Canada, even if it is contract type work.

I'd be keen to find out where to find out about contract type positions in Canada and see where that takes me. Any recommendations?

If you'd prefer to PM that's cool :)

Thanks again,

Dave

I can safely say that TSM work here in Canada is mostly for Contract type work at the time being. If you are used to this type of environment, then this is something you can pursue.

From phone calls I receive from recruitment agencies there's certainly a steady flow of work here in the UK for freelance TSM consultants and administrators, with requirements often alongside another storage-related disciplines (e.g. VTL or EMC/IBM disk storage). There are more vacancies working away from London and the South East, however rates away from here do tend to be lower.

HTH,

/David Mc
London, UK

Thanks David.

Good to know, perhaps it is worthwhile contacting some recruitment agencies in the UK and see what happens from there. Do you know of any reputable ones?

Cheers
Dave

Hi Dave, I'll PM you with a few I've dealt with when I get a moment. Do you do LinkedIn? If not, I'd recommend to as it's becoming a very useful tool in this area. /DMc London

Right, but the implied context i'm reading here is a seasoned and established admin. 'We' are not in the same league as college hires and interns. Granted some companies are foolish enough to just look at salaries and not really comprehend the cost/benefit tradeoff. I'll take someone established over a college hire any day if there is project work in mind, but college hires are great for getting new bodies in house if you can wait 6 months for training.

Back