TSM 5.5.2 Problem

kalaso

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hali All.

I have a big problem I upgrade my TSM client on my AIX servers, and after the update i got this error message:

06/30/09 00:00:57 ANS1149E No domain is available for incremental backup. The domain may be empty or all file systems in the domain are excluded.
06/30/09 00:00:57 ANS4034E Error processing '': unknown system error
06/30/09 00:00:57 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'server' failed. Return code = 12.

I'm looking for on the google, but I didn't find the problem resolve :(

Have you any idea what is the problem, and how can I solve it!

The reinstall the old client is not possible, because my boss wants this client (5.5.2).

I forgott

The Incremental backup is working as manually, but the scheduled backup failed every time! :D

06/30/09 00:00:57 ANS1149E No domain is available for incremental backup. The domain may be empty or all file systems in the domain are excluded.

Can you post your dsm.sys/dsm.opt? This sounds like a configuration error (maybe wrong mgmtclass, domainstatement).

Is there a good dsm.sys or dsm.otp somewhere, because I must not post my files contents on the free forum. :(

It suck I know, but i fear for my job.

Is there a good dsm.sys or dsm.otp somewhere, because I must not post my files contents on the free forum. :(

It suck I know, but i fear for my job.

WTF? Take a look in the dsm.opt sample files.

dont tell anybody :)

Its my dsm.opt!

server #ITS A PRODUCTIVE SERVER NAME HERE# :)

and my dsm.sys some changes :)

Servername server
TCPServeraddress 192.168.1.100
COMMmethod TCPip
TCPPort 5100
PASSWORDAccess generate
SCHEDMODe PRompted
TCPWindowsize 640
LARGECOMmbuffers Yes
TCPBuffsize 512
SCHEDLOGname /var/adm/dsmsched.log
SCHEDLOGRetention 30,d
ERRORLOGName /var/adm/dsmerror.log
ERRORLOGRetention 30,d
domain ALL-LOCAL

Yes, that's good, because nobody here knows the default port for TSM. I'm afraid I will also need your schedule and your include/exclude list. There might be a syntax error or miscalculated exclude.

06/30/09 00:00:57 ANS4034E Error processing '': unknown system error

Problem Solved?

Hali all!

It look like my problem resolved!
Yesterday, One of my colleges added a line for my dsm.sys :eek:

domain ALL-LOCAL

And I found a finished incremental backup with time stamp 01:00 today!

It look like that was the problem!!

OR NOT???? :rolleyes:

The 5.5.1.0 clients and above changed the way domain statements work. It used to be if you had nothing in dsm.opt|sys file, but say a "domain -/tmp" in a client optionset, the client would assume you were subtracting /tmp from the default ALL-LOCAL. But that is not true to the rules of domain statements, which are supposed to be additive, where the default is overidden by any single specification. So, with 5.5.1.0, they "fixed" the code to now ignore the default, and you get /tmp subtracting from nothing - which produces the error you got.

OK MY problem resolution!

One of my colleague add this line to dsm.sys : domain ALL-LOCAL

Restart the dsmc process! and the scheduled incremental backup work again! :D

Back