TSM 5.2.2 with Veritas Cluster Services

jgrimm01

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
Hey all,

I'm trying to install TSM v5.2.2 into a 2-node Veritas cluster on a W2K Advanced Server machine. I am able to get the scheduler service installed, and can even successfully launch the service manually, but when I try and build the cluster piece to control the service it breaks it. After that, I can no longer start the service at all. If I install the service without the 'clusternode=yes' parameter, everything runs just fine. Unfortunately that results in duplicate filespaces on the TSM server and isn't an acceptable solution.

Has anyone seen anything like this before on a Veritas Cluster? Anyone with any success stories?

Did you use the wizard or the command line utility when you installed the scheduler for each resource group? The documentation states you MUST use the command line utility (dsmcutil) which I've always done.

Incidentally, I've only ever dealt with the basic MS cluster services but the principle remains the same I suspect.

I did use the command line utility to install the service, as directed in the documentation. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. I have a PMR active with Tivoli now, and they haven't been able to tell me anything as of yet. I can get the service installed successfully, but the only way I can get the VCS admin to control it is without using the 'clusternode:yes' parameter. With that parameter included, the service will not start, giving an error in VCS referring to not being able to control the target service.

Hi,

i think i have a solution for you.

i'm driving a 2 node vcs v2.0 sp2 cluster with tsm baclient 5.2.2.9

i installed the tsm service with dsmcutil (as described in the installation books)

there i got some API Errors-> the solution for ths problem was that the clusterconfig has to be dumped when you install the service

the clusterconfig als has to be dumped when you start the service (also under vcs control)

i putted the option file for the clusterdisk on the clusterdisks.

when i tryied to backup with dsmc (with the cluster option file) i got the error : drive <> ist not a cluster disk

the solution for this problem was that in the mountv i had to change the driveletters from for example R: to R

after this modifikation i was able to backup with dsmc (and corresponding option file)

the tsm service was added to the service groups as generic service

i hope this will help you

kind regards

Back