Tivoli Storage Manager for Reporting and Monitoring 6.1

Hello,

You can customize your reports on the ISC utilizing the BIRT tool, but you have to take a series of steps to configure the Reporting and Monitoring to collect historical data.

I installed the R&M but the quantity of information displayed in the server is poor, i had to configure the universal agent to collect more data from the TSM6 server and create more interesting workspaces.

And i have not found a way to send reports via e-mail.

DB2 9.1 Installation error, TSM Reporting and Monitoring

I have the same issue, installation starts but immediately ends saying DB2 9.1 error. I have tried all sorts of passwords, 6 , 8 and 9 characters but no luck.

Anyone see sonething similar?

What?!

Not able to use a 64bit RHEL for TSM Reporting & Monitoring?

Every piece of information I've been able to find on IBM's website (ie. here or in the PDF manuals) says 64bit RHEL is fully supported.

Can anyone point me to the mentioned documentation APAR?

Here is a link to a wiki page that shows that information:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/w...+integration+into+an+existing+ITM+environment

It's in a table right at the end of the page.

Well.. that's the same table on the page I've linked to, but as I read your post from 05-29-2009:

daystorm said:
I had attempted to install it on 64-bit Linux. And the Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server did not show up in CandleManage for me as well.

I opened a PMR, and it turns out that that portion would not install on 64-bit Linux. I changed my machine over to 32-bit and most things started to work.

IBM actually opened a DOC APAR over my incident due to the bad documentation and the lack of mention that this software would not run on 64-bit Linux.

Has the documentation changed since you wrote that, so everything now works on a 64bit RHEL (as the documentation says) or are there still problems?

Portal Server

Exact same problem here. I'm on SLES 10 x86_64. CandleManage has a "Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server" and some Monitoring Agent entries but no Portal server. Anyone figure this out yet?

I got the same problem because the support matrix shows that all ITM components supports SLES 10 x86-32bit. When i tried that I got the TEPS.

You all are aware that Reporting and Monitoring basically doesn't work right? I hate to see you waste a lot of time to find out that it's not going to do what you want it to do.

You all are aware that Reporting and Monitoring basically doesn't work right? I hate to see you waste a lot of time to find out that it's not going to do what you want it to do.

Hmm.. What I've seen in this presentation Reporting & Monitoring (R&M) seems like what we've been paying a lot of money for an external company to provide.

I am aware that R&M won't do the same as TSM Operational Reporting for 5.x can, but it's the historical data over time I'm interested in - monitoring it can be done via SNMP/cron or another existing monitoring solution.

So.. does it really work or is the presentation a big scam? :)

Please elaborate - I'm really interested in hearing your concerns..

"So.. does it really work or is the presentation a big scam?"

Hi Jens

It really works OK, but it don't replace the Operational reporting as I see it.
ITM can monitor the TSM realtime and give you some alerts that you define. It's easy to create alerts that can monitor several tsm servers.

Regarding the historical features, I've only used these data inside the TEC and not for reporting.

But as other at this forum has said, ITM is not as strong for TSM as TSMManager ect. But this is a beginning for IBM to present historical data in a 'userfriendly' way.

Simon Dahl
ArrowECS Denmark

TSM Reporting and Monitoring 6.1

Hi,
I recently upgraded my tsm server from 5.5 to 6.2. But my TSM reporting in the management console gone. I installed TSM R&M 6.2 on the TSM server, but failed. Since TSM R&M 6.2 and TSM server 6.2 cannot be the same box. Installed the R&M tool on a new box. I am getting the pre-defined reports. I am unable to write my own queries (like no.of scratch volumes... etc). Is there any way to email these reports? IBM simply said, this facility is not available. Can I create my own queries? I am zero in DB2.

You can create your own querys, but for this you need the BIRT tool to build your reports, for this you must perform SQL queries on TSM DB2. The reports generated can be sent via email using tools out of the TSM, like the sendEmail program (not to be confused with sendMail =] ).

Back