Through put issue in TSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakeskannan

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,

This is kannan, I am beginner in TSM. in our concern we are having TSM server under windows 2003 platform with TDP for domino client running under red hat linux platform.

Jan 2nd week i have migrated TSM server to another hardware(i.e new server with same windows 2003 platform). i have taken the TSM DB backup and rest of the config files from old TSM server and moved the same to new server and restored the DB.I have kept the same IP to new server(which the old server had previously).

After the migration TSM server started working fine with all the client schedules. But now i noticed one major issue, after migration the time taken for backup has been increased a lot. On hte old server i was taken only 1hr 45 min to complete the backup but now it takes hardly 8 hrs which is being a big bottle neck. for your information.

Config of old TSM

IBM Blade module HS21 x series server
4 GB RAM
146 *2 HDD with RAID 1

Config of New TSM
IBM Blade module HS22 x series server
8 GB RAM
146 * 2 HDD with RAID 1

Both the server resides in the same blade chasis.

i am using TS 3100 Tape library for backup.

Kindly resolve this issue. If you need any details just reply me. I am new to this forum. Kindly help me to resolve the issue.

thanks in advance

kannan
IT

Hi, Do you have the summary clients reports (the info after backup, with stuff like Network data rate, Aggregate datata rate and so on) ?
Does the slowdown show up for only for domdsmc or both clients?
Networking differneces between both servers (ie jumboframes, duplex) ?
Did you try client tracing? (instrumentation report is very usefull)

Through put issue resolved

Hi all,

The issue with the throughput rate has been fixed. The issue is only with the Network side not with the TSM end.

thanks for the support and immediate response

thanks again

bye

Kannan
IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back