There are not enough scratch volumes available.What to do?

RomaNick

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
It is established TSM 5.3+Win2k+ HP LTO Ultrium2.

Issue:

There are not enough scratch volumes available.

Recommendation:

Check in some scratch tapes.

With the help of what command it can be made? That any more did not deduce the given warning.

library=LTOLIB1

devclass=LTOCLASS1

devicename=mt4.0.0.2 (Type Peripheral)

do a

q stg "your StgPool" f=d

and you will see a parameter "Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed: "

just upd it with the number of tape you want to allow for this STGPOOL

Has not understood, the given command deduces the information about TSM. How to make, that it was not deduced any more the warning about

"There are not enough scratch volumes available."

How to make "Check in some scratch tapes"?

Not quite sure what you mean, but i guess you want to get rid of the "not enough..." message.

The only way to do that is to checkin some scratch tapes.

You can do that with the following command:

checkin libvol <libraryname> <volumename> status=scratch

For more info about the "checkin libvol" command, type "help checkin libvol" at the command line.

Gibson

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>

checkin libvol ltolib1 ltopool1 status=scratch

Gibson</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Has made this command.

Writes: "Operation not allowed for MANUAL libraries"

What to do further?

There is still a question, what command it is possible to mount or unmount a tape?

How to solve such problem:

ANR8448E Scratch volume G library LTOLIB1 rejected - volume name already in use.

Why????

:confused:

Though I at all did not use the given tape, only have formatted and have inserted.

Input : DEFINE STGPOOL

Output: ANR2034E No match found using this criteria.

What to do?

HELP!!!

I don t understand what you want??

do you already have a storage pool defined??

if not do a " h DEFINE STGPOOL" on your TSM server to know how to do it,

if yes did you already "LABELed" some tapes with something like this

==> "Label libv "your library" search=yes labelsource=barcode checkin=scratch"

All did under the description. In " Media Labeling " has marked and has formatted cartridges. But at me at initialization of the server it is not started " Label autochenger volume "!!! The distribution kit not that can at me?

How correctly it is necessary to format cartridges, in the command to a line or through " Media Labeling "?

How correctly to use the given product. For example, it is necessary for me to make backup the server and after that at once to restore other server.

How it is correct unmount and mount the cartridge? And that turns out that TSM does not understand...!!! And as a result at me now 3 unused volumes!!!

How to make so that TSM has understood that I any more do not use the given cartridge?

In general that not absolutely I understand philosophy of the given product. What for such complexities have thought up!!!

Help please!!! How correctly to work with the given product. The question already stands " Instead of whether to use to us other product "

Back