TDP SQL different port

bentman78

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have MS SQL server running on a host but it's not on the standard port, it's on 1666. I'm looking through the documentation and I don't see where I can configure the 5.5 client to attach to the SQL server on a different port. Has anyone else run this config before?

You lost me.

The port that one connects to the SQL environment (port 1666 here) has nothing to do on which port TDP for SQL connects to the TSM server. TDP for SQL does not talk to the SQL environment via any port as it runs within the SQL system itself.

You lost me.

The port that one connects to the SQL environment (port 1666 here) has nothing to do on which port TDP for SQL connects to the TSM server. TDP for SQL does not talk to the SQL environment via any port as it runs within the SQL system itself.

Thanks for the reply.
I'm having issues connected. I have permissions to connect via the management studio but not for the tdp client. This is the following error:
ANS5216E Could not establish a TCP/IP connection with address 'TSMServ:1666'. The TCP/IP error is 'Unknown error' (errno = 10061).
ANS9020E Could not establish a session with a TSM server or client agent. The TSM return code is -50.

I also get this error:
AC05424E Could not connect to SQL Server;SQL Server returned:
Failed to connect to server 'Servername'
A network-related specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or is not accessible. Verify the instance name is correct and the SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections (provider: TCP Provider, error:0 - No connection could not be made because the target machine actively refused it.

check the TDP's dsm.opt file.
there is a TCPCLIENTPORT option in there -
perhaps this is where you would put your evil port? ;p
I am not 100% sure that will work -
but give it a try...

or Ed could be right!
-if you didn't mean what I thought you did!

-Chef.

So from a command prompt in Windows can you telnet to the SQL server over port 1666?
Ex: telnet [Server IP address] 1666
If you get a blank box then this means the port is open and you should be able to connect. You may want to verify that you have the correct address setup for the server or that the server name resolves in DNS

Bentman78: Is this saying the server address is 1666?
ANS5216E Could not establish a TCP/IP connection with address 'TSMServ:1666'. The TCP/IP error is 'Unknown error' (errno = 10061).

ah, Fuzz - maybe you are right.
in the TDP's dsm.opt file -
then you might try to change TCPSERVERADDRESS to the evil port :)

So from a command prompt in Windows can you telnet to the SQL server over port 1666?
Ex: telnet [Server IP address] 1666
If you get a blank box then this means the port is open and you should be able to connect. You may want to verify that you have the correct address setup for the server or that the server name resolves in DNS

Bentman78: Is this saying the server address is 1666?
Not sure why that error came up, here is the resolution though:
under tdpsql.cfg you put the following config
SQLSERVer Servername,1666 <--or the port you're using.

That's interesting. Where did you find that? It's not in the SQL TDP 5.5 doc.

That's interesting. Where did you find that? It's not in the SQL TDP 5.5 doc.

Our DB admin knew about it for some reason. I couldn't find it in the doc either.
Anyways she had configured it for this particular node before and remembered the settings.

Back