TDP Oracle installs

shcart

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Sorry but it has to be said,

JAVA IS a heap of crap. or at least the way it is implemented in the Solaris installshield package.

I work remotely, It takes up to a minute per prompt, after showing the prompt before it will accept a response.

The -console option speeds things somewhat up but doesn't make it work if you do not have the JDK installed.

then they go thru the stupid rigmarole of you are installing X Install/Cancel then You are installing X and it is 6 MB Next/Cancel.

Guys most of us have a brain when we run the ****ed install we dont want IBM to treat us like microsoft, "Do you want to do this/ are you sure/ are you really sure"

Please go back to the pkgadd format it took seconds and worked.

After installshield 32 and 64 bit installs I am now trying to work out why i have bits of the API but no BIN or BIN64 structures. At least with pkgadd you got feedback and it was ****ed fast.

INSTALLSHIELD IS NOT PROGRESS.

Last edited:
Hey
Do you have a question or a particular comment cause I am missing something here.
Sounds like you and your Solaris Admins need to straighten some things out at the OS level and then working with the Networking folks to resolve your connectivity issues.
If you have a question about the Oracle TDP installation - let us know.

Good luck

Back