TDP for Oracle Restore speed for small datafile is equal to larger datafile

hungng89

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I am doing TDP for Oracle 5.5.1 on Oracle 10G-2 / Solaris 10

Sorry for posting many topic with similar title , actually each topic has totally different concern and questions .

After trouble shooting whole yesterday night , i can managed to make the backup and restore speed return to acceptable value.

To day , i do a test , and restore 2 datafiles , one is 2 GB and one is 30 GB , but it take the same time (around 1 hours ) to restore them .
I also have question about TAPE Streaming in TDP for Oracle , below is the command i used to backup / restore
Code:
run {
allocate channel  t1  type  'sbt_tape'  parms 'ENV=(TDPO_OPTFILE=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64/tdpo.opt)'; 
backup datafile 13 filesperset 1 force;
}

Code:
run {
allocate channel  t1  type  'sbt_tape' maxopenfiles=100 parms 'ENV=(TDPO_OPTFILE=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64/tdpo.opt)'; 
set newname for datafile 13 to '+DATA/restore/datafile/stodata.325.750813632';
restore datafile 13;
}

Based on RMAN tuning guide , i increased the maxopenfiles to 100 , but the tape still not streaming :D ( I mean the network utilization is not stable , go up to 80% then drop down to zero again and again in restore process , when backup network ulti is stable around 80 to 90%)

Do you have any advice / reference links ?

Thanks and Best Regards

Back