TDP for Mail Scheduler did not work with double quotes

khawts

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Website
http
I am trying to define my schedule for my TDP Exchange. On the manual says do the following on TSM Server that will be backing up your exchange server.
~~~~~
def sched mydomain my_schedule desc="Exchange Daily Full Legacy
Backup" action=command objects="c:\excfull.cmd" priority=2 starttime=
21:00 duration=15 duru=minutes period=1 perunits=day dayofweek=any
Note that if there is a space in the directory specified for the object parameter,
then the directory must be enclosed in two sets of quotation marks. For
example:
objects=””c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPEXchange\excfull.cmd"”
Tivoli Storage Manager displays this message:
ANR2500I Schedule MY_SCHEDULE defined in policy domain MYDOMAIN.

~~~~~
Notice also, it says if you have a space in your path, you have to use double quotes. It never work for me. My scheduler failed because of the double quotes or even the single quote. It work if I put the command file on the root drive or any other drive that have no space.

Anyone encounter that?

Have your tried it with the ~ sign in- between the space in program files..also, try the _ symbol as well...this is coming out of old memory, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

Nope it did not work.
I know my EXCFULL.CMD works when I ran it manually. When TSM scheduler started it gives me the error:
ANR2579E Schedule DAILY_EXCFULL in domain MAIL_DOMAIN for
node CHDTWUC1HUB01-TDP failed (return code 1). (SESSION:
189695)

I have try doing the following

””c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPEXchange\excfull.cmd"” (two double quotes)
"'c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPEXchange\excfull.cmd'" (double and then single quotes)
'"c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPEXchange\excfull.cmd"' (single and then double quotes)

I even try updating the schedule using the c:\Progra~1\Tivoli\TSM\TDPEXchange\excfull.cmd and it still does not work.

We are currently testing the TDP for Exchange 6.1 with TSM server 5.5.2

Any help is greatly appreciated.

never encountered that cuz i defined schedules only over the management console (tsm 5.5)

khawts-

Move the "excfull.cmd" to C:
You command scheduler is looking for the command file on C:
And you have your command file in ””c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPEXchange\excfull.cmd"”

You can edit your scheduler and point to the command file ””c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPEXchange\excfull.cmd"”

That should work...

Back