TDP for Mail (domino) all databases are excluded, why?

elpookie

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I have TSM client (on server A for normal file backups):
Client Version 6, Release 1, Level 0.2

TDP for Mail client (on server A for domino database backups):
Data Protection for Lotus Domino
Version 5, Release 5, Level 2.01

TSM Server:
Server Version 5, Release 4, Level 2.0

I have this on a linux box. My backups were working fine until my admin changed the client node password. Every since then my system went crazy.

1) None of my Domino DB's can get backed up. They are all EXCLUDED. I have tinkered with all the possible INCL/EXCL settings I possibly can. My normal TSM has it's own incl/excl file while for domdsmc I have put my incl/excl statements in dsm.opt. I also had them in their own inclexcl file, but that didn't work either. Basically, no matter what, i get the following output.

Total Domino databases inspected: 84
Total Domino databases backed up: 0
Total Domino databases excluded: 84

Throughput rate: 0.00 Kb/Sec
Total bytes transferred: 0
Elapsed processing time: 0.00 Secs

2) Ever since the password was changed, while dsmc command doesn't require the client node password, all of my domdsmc require the password. Not sure why. I modied the location of the TSM.PWD location but that doesn't work. I've been at this for 3 days now and no luck. Any help would be great. Thanks.

I was able to resolve the password issue by doing a chmod 755 on /etc/adsm/TSM.PWD file... back to the "exclude" issue.

I found the solution and I really hope this helps someone out later on in the future. Basically, I had to modify the inclexcl.txt file located under ba/bin directory. However, this must be new, you must all include *.DATA for all the files you want to include.

I never saw this before but it appears to be the law of the land now. Adding this allowed me to backup my database apr7.nsf. The user guides states that you don't need that for EXCLUDE. I hope someone finds this useful in the future.

INCLUDE apr/apr7.nsf
INCLUDE apr/apr7.nsf.DATA

Back