TDP For Exchange v6.3

Mita201

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am playing a bit with new TSM TDP for Exchange 6.3 and FlashCopy 3.1 on demo environment, Exchange 2010 SP1
I have upgradet it from TSM BA 6.2.2 and TDP 6.1.3.1, to TSM BA 6.3 and TDP 6.3
Backup works, database restore works as well (but it does not remove recovery database at the end, you have to do it manually), but if I set Mailbox restore or Mailbox Restore Browser in GUI, the client hangs, and it has to be closed forcibly.

Anyone else have some experience whit these new releases?

Mita - I am having the same problem with 6.3 when viewing the mailboxes to restore. The client hangs and must be forcibly closed. Have you made any progress on this? Also, did you perform a redirected restore successfully? I select the Restore Into option on a DB but nothing happens. What did you click in order to execute that restore?
Thanks

Nope, haven't made any progress on the subject. I am not in a rush to upgrade, I will stick with older product for some time more, probably until 6.3.1 or so.
Haven't tried redirected restore neither.
Please post here if you make some progress.

Mita - I have made some headway. During the installation of TSM 6.3, MS Visual C++ 64bit is installed as a prereq. You must also install the 32bit version. Here is a link to the download. http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8328
Once I installed this, I was able to do an item level restore in both the TDPEXEC GUI and in the FlashCopyManager. I don't know why they don't install it if it is required. I have already posed this query back to them.
Good luck!

Thornmn,

Yes, that does the trick, thank you a lot!!!!
Just one more question: You say "both the TDPEXEC GUI and in the FlashCopyManager"
Since I have upgraded, I do not have TDPEXC GUI like it was with 6.1.3, but "DP for Exchange Management Consele" and "FlashCopy Manager Management Console" which are same thing. Is it case with your installation?

For me, the installation was first run from SetupFCM.exe. This installed the FlashCopyManager. After that, I ran the setup.exe from the language folder under fcm\x64\exc\6300. This will install a couple of rereq's and then the TDPEXC. It will not install it in the Start menu, but it will install the executable.

mark

Yep, you're right once again. it is still there, just no shortcut. I guess it will be dropped in some of next releases.

Back