TDP For Exchange 6.1 Setup

ryanbsc

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am sorryt o bother you, and I appologise is this information is already on the forum but I can not find it via the search methods.

We currently have just obtained Exchange 2007 running on Server 2008 64 bit.

And we have just purchased TDP for Exchange 6.1 , however I am finding it very difficult ot obtain any documentation on the product what so ever, even on the IBM website it is not very clear on how to set it up .
I am more interested in the TSM Storage Server side, i.e what poilcy sets / managements classes, disk pools, etc etc to set up.

Does anyone have any documentation on this, or any suggestions / step through guides on what I need to do on the TSM server side.

We have 2 exchange servers ( 2 different sites) , each having 4 storage groups and 1 restore storage group.

Each storage group is abot 120 GB.

Again appologies if these are repeat questions but I cant find anything on 6.1 or what storage pools/ policy doms etc etc to be created, and the IBM website isnt great for it.
The last redbook was in 2001 and 2006.

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks

HI there Domino

Thank you for that.

Ive decided now to go to 5.5 version isntead of 6.1 as we are running TSM server 5.5

However does anyone have any recomendations on what

diskpools/policey sets, managements classes etc to create? as the documentation isnt very clear on this

Thanks

We have updated to 6.1 . Our server is 5.5.
Mailbox restore is not funtioning. If Mailbox restore fails, full backup fails.Uninstall and new install is the workaround to make backup work again. The advantage is for uninstall and for new installation no reboot is required

We have updated to 6.1 . Our server is 5.5.
Mailbox restore is not funtioning. If Mailbox restore fails, full backup fails.Uninstall and new install is the workaround to make backup work again. The advantage is for uninstall and for new installation no reboot is required

Mailbox restore functions
What I have done

1)A mailbox is created to my admin user which I used to restore
2)set Temprestore directory to another partition . (defult is C: , didint have enough space)

Back