TDP Exchange mailbox store exclusion

ralfeus

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi
Is it possible to exclude one specific mailbox store from the scheduled backup?

Thank you in advance

Hi. Thank you for response.

Yes. Just specify which Mailbox Store you want instead of using *.

I have learned TDP Exchange manual and decided it should look like this:
EXCLUDE "MAILSERV1\SG3\data\0000\SG3-Private\*"

But it didn't help. Do you mean it should look like:
EXCLUDE "MAILSERV1\SG3\...\SG3-Private"

?

no he says do not exclude mailbox store, use selective backup instead of * (backup all mailbox stores) in excfull.cmd ;)

no he says do not exclude mailbox store, use selective backup instead of * (backup all mailbox stores) in excfull.cmd ;)

So instead of:
EXCLUDE "MAILSERV1\SG3\...\SG3-Private"
INCLUDE "MAILSERV1\SG3\...\*"

I should use something like this:
INCLUDE "MAILSERV1\SG3\...\SG3-Store1"
INCLUDE "MAILSERV1\SG3\...\SG3-Store2"
INCLUDE "MAILSERV1\SG3\...\SG3-Store3"
INCLUDE "MAILSERV1\SG3\...\SG3-Store4"

Right?

No.

In the excfull.cmd, replace the * (the Asterisk is for ALL Mail Store) with a list of all Mail Store you WANT TO BACKUP. That is all you have to do. This means the names of the Mail Store SEPARATED with a comma AND NO space after each comma: Mail_Store_1,Mail_Store_2,etc.

Last edited:
Hi

What they are saying is do a line for each maibox you want to INCLUDE and the ones you leave out wont be backed up. DO this in you backup command file..foe example

Instead of just one line like this:
tdpexcc backup * full

have mulitple lines like this:
tdpexcc backup <STORE_1_NAME> full
tdpexcc backup <STORE_2_NAME> full
tdpexcc backup <STORE_3_NAME> full

in this scenario any other store would be excluded...hope this helps.

YOu can also include some exclude statements in the option file for TDP
for example to backup EXCH-CLU01-SG1 out of a possible 3:

EXCLUDE "EXCH-CLU01\EXCH-CLU01-SG2\...\*"
EXCLUDE "EXCH-CLU01\EXCH-CLU01-SG3\...\*"

Last edited:
I tried to specify only mailbox store in the options file, but whole storage group was backed up anyway. Then I tried to replace "*" in the tdpexcc command with certain mailbox store, but without success again. Could you, please, provide an example of the backup command for backing up one store (not storage group but one store)?

Thank you

If you are referring to ONE store meaning ONE individual mail store, like one person's mail, you CANNOT do this! TDP for Exchange cannot backup individual mailboxes.

I'm not talking about mailboxes. I'm talking about mailbox store. Each server contains storage groups, each storage group contains mailbox (and public folder) stores and each mailbox store contains mailboxes. So I wan't to backup certain mailbox stores in one storage group. I have 3 mailbox stores in one storage group and want to backup only two mailbox stores.

I'm not talking about mailboxes. I'm talking about mailbox store. Each server contains storage groups, each storage group contains mailbox (and public folder) stores and each mailbox store contains mailboxes. So I wan't to backup certain mailbox stores in one storage group. I have 3 mailbox stores in one storage group and want to backup only two mailbox stores.

Im not sure, Ive never had to inculde or exclude unique mailboxes within an Exchange SG. I dont think you can do that, it mayeb worth just giving TIvoli support a call on the phone to make sure??

As in my picture below I could not individually select a mailbox under the SG hierarchy in the GUI. I dont know if the TDP admin client has more options, sorry.
mailboxes.JPG

Last edited:

I believe you cannot so this. As far as I know and have experienced, TDP for Exchange is limited to the Mail Store group.

Back